Unanswered: Backup/Restore missing in Control Center

Hi,

I am using the DB2 Control Center on my PC and I want to use it for restoring a database on a Unix server.
    When I point to the database , and then right click , I should see a pull-down menu with entries "backup, restore, restore to new ...". These entries are missing. Any idea why ?

best regards,
    EVG

It seems strange ... What version is your DB2 client at ? HAve you applied fixpacks?

Or maybe you are pointing on the database folder and not on the database itself e.i. the cylinder icon ... if you don't any database listed in the database folder create one (with just the system, temp, and user tablespaces) and restore on top of it ?

These are some ideas that comes to mind ... please provide more precise info ....

Hi,

The DB2 client and server are both DB2 version 7, and I installed fixpacks on both of them.
    I am really pointing to the database cylinder.

I have just noticed that when I right click the database cylinder, and then choose "open" --> "database partitions" , and then select the entry and right click ... I do get the restore possibilities.

So that does in fact solve my problem. (Maybe the reason is that we have the EEE version of the database ...).

best regards,
    EVG