Unanswered: SQL Account cannot use sp_help_job

Here's the situation... I have an SQL Account for a web application that can't gain access to view job status info from sp_help_job.

The web app has an administrative piece that allows me to keep tabs on the status of the app, db, and jobs. That DB user account cannot, for security reasons, have system administrative level access - this is not in contest - and cannot be changed.

The job that's running is a scheduled DTS package. To execute a DTS package from a job, it has to use CmdExec, which only system administrators can execute. When my web app attempts to call sp_help_job to get the status of the job in question, it's not available since the job has to be run as an SA to use the CmdExec to execute the DTS and, therefore, not owned by the app's DB account, and not visible.

This DTS has a single bit of ActiveX code. I thought "Ah hah! I'll run this job as an ActiveX job instead of using CmdExec to call a DTS job!" Unfortunately, my ActiveX is to long and therefore, gets truncated.

So, without sacrificing security, is there a way to execute this ActiveX, from a job, that will allow my web app's DB account to run sp_help_job to view it's status? I considered creating a COM, alas, I do not maintain the servers and, therefore, cannot implement my own COMs.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Re: SQL Account cannot use sp_help_job

I attempted to strip down the VB to barebones code. No spaces unless necessary, removed formatting, etc. Unfortunately it still falls short.

The space allocated to store ActiveX code directly in a job is 3200 characters... my barebones code is 3984 characters.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.