Unanswered: I'm looking for the maximum query length

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if Oracle has a limitation in the query length that could be written. Another people of my developpement team has an error using the oracle's JDBC driver and a query that had more than 200K characters.

So I try to find if this limitation come from oracle himselt or from the jdbc driver.

Thanks for your responses.

Re: I'm looking for the maximum query length

I'm not sure of any limitation. But I have seen different front end tools imposing a limit. The easiest way to check if the problem lies with Oracle or JDBC is to take the query and try to execute it in SQLPlus. Also, if the problem is with Oracle the Exception thrown in java will have the Oracle error number and this should help indicate where the problem is from.

Re: I'm looking for the maximum query length

Its been a while, but I believe the oracle JDBC limit for the query definition was 33,000 characters or 33 kb

Originally posted by le_mogwai
    Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if Oracle has a limitation in the query length that could be written. Another people of my developpement team has an error using the oracle's JDBC driver and a query that had more than 200K characters.

So I try to find if this limitation come from oracle himselt or from the jdbc driver.

Thanks for your responses.