Unanswered: Different Display settings and Access

This is an odd question, but hopefully, there's an easy solution out there.

I am developing an application on my work computer using forms, queries etc. However, the display monitor of the person who will be using this application, has their monitor set to 600 X 800. Mine is set to something higher (can't remember exactly).

So, of course what's happening, is when I go to the user's computer, all the forms are extra large etc and not in the nice format I had set up on my computer.

Is there a macro or resizing function, that when a user opens an application in Access 2000, that it resizes the forms properly to the display settings on their particular computer? I can't believe there wouldn't be a solution to this.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and have a great weekend.

Thank you,
    Dante33

Re: Different Display settings and Access

I don't know anything that would automatically resize their monitor, but I do know that if you split up your databse (front end/back end) you can customize the front end forms for their computer. (The long route if no one else knows of an easier way. Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Re: Different Display settings and Access

Originally posted by rodrigr
    I don't know anything that would automatically resize their monitor, but I do know that if you split up your databse (front end/back end) you can customize the front end forms for their computer. (The long route if no one else knows of an easier way. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the feedback...I will keep this in mind as an option. It's just weird that there wouldn't be some option, considering, that the sample Northwind database comes out the right size on everyone's screen no matter what their settings are at. How did Microsoft do it?

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it!
    Dante33

Re: Different Display settings and Access

We have the Access 97 Developer's Handbook from Sybex. They have the code and instrctions in it to do form resizing on the fly. I'm sure it is in some other books as well. I'm sure Amazon and B&N both carry books, that have that kind of code in it. That would be my suggested route.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

Why don't you just change the resolution on your 'puter while working on forms layout to 600x800?
    F..ck it, gimme a beer... Jimi Hendrix RULES!

Originally posted by sup
    Why don't you just change the resolution on your 'puter while working on forms layout to 600x800?
    Yeah, I guess I could, but the problem is I work on this application during spare time while my computer is processing other stuff. Toggling back and forth between mine and the other setting would be a pain.

What I could do, is maybe get everyting nice on my work computer, go home, change to 600 X 800 and then fix it there for delivery.

Thanks for your help...this forum is great!
    Dante33

I have another idea. You can find a cheap monitor and set up your system with two monitors. Allthough you'll need a second video card to have different resolutions. That's what I have. I've set up a few of them. This way I don't have to flip settings back and forth.

Just a thought.
    F..ck it, gimme a beer... Jimi Hendrix RULES!