I am attempting to search a database by partnumber by using a join of a batch entered file of partnumbers. The test code is below. I don't have any problem with the connection as I can see both the SQL in a recordset and the text file values with Dreamweaver recordsets. I don't have a problem if the join is two tables in a single connection. The problem seems to be how to connection and define two different connections. It seems to be the way I am setting up the connections either through a command or conneciton object or my approach.

There seems to be a method of using the IN to specify known types for external reference like dbase IV type etc. However a suggested method was to use the Microsoft Text File driver to connect to the text which works in isolation. It just seems I can't get the syntax write for two different connections in the same SELECT.

<!--#include file="../Connections/arrowhead.asp" -->
<!--#include file="../Connections/lsprint.asp" -->
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="false"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
'Dim MM_arrowhead_STRING
'MM_arrowhead_STRING = "dsn=arrowhead;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;"
' FileName="Connection_ado_conn_string.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
'Dim MM_lsprint_STRING
'MM_lsprint_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\url/public;Extended Properties=Text;"
<TITLE>Parts OBS Seach by Batch</TITLE>
Dim objCommandA, objRSA
Set objCommandA = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

objCommandA.ActiveConnection = MM_arrowhead_STRING

objCommandA.CommandText = "SELECT hawker.Summarytest.PartNumber,LSPRINT#TXT.PARTNUMB ER " & _
"FROM LSPRINT#TXT INNER JOIN hawker.SummaryTest " & _
"ON hawker.Summarytest.PartNumber = LSPRINT#TXT.PARTNUMBER"
' objCommandA.CommandType = adCmdText

Set objRSA = objCommandA.Execute
Set objCommandA = Nothing

While Not objRSA.EOF
Response.Write objRSA("PARTNUMBER") & "<BR>"

Set objRSA = Nothing
Set objRSL = Nothing