Unanswered: Can access help me out?

It started of with me programming a VB-script into an Excel-file in order to run through one of the worksheets, select some of the rows and then print them. Simple as it was, I thought it was enough to use Excel. No databse connections where needed. But the project grew...

The problem I have now is that I must use the file on several computers, and since there are limitations in what you can do in shared workbooks my macros don't work correctly. The user does also have to be able to manipulate the data in the file. But when he does so, the two files aren't identical anymore.

How can I link the files alowing the user manipulate the data in anyone of the three files while all of them get updated with the changes?

I've been trying with having a linked table between Access and one of the Excel-files. The problem that appears for me then is, that I'm only able to update the other files through the "masterfile" that is linked to Access but not vice versa.

I would be REALLY glad if someone could help me out!

Thanks in advance!
    /Kristoffer
    Stockholm - Sweden

Try linking your spreadsheet directly to Access. I have never done this so I am not sure whether it will work for you but it may be the solution you are looking for.

Linking one of the worksheets to access works perfectly, as well as importing the data to another access file using a query. But I must be able to update the file from other identical files as well. This should be possible using an update quey, but I can't manage in doing one... Is it posssible using access/excel?

I don't use automation much if at all, but I think you have to do this via recordsets. Set a connection to the file and force the updates through the connection.

This is most likely what I'm going to have to do. But connecting it through a DAO/ADO connection is not as simple as just linking it... But a man has got to do what a man has got to do =) It would have been nice if there would have been a way to work it around. But it appears that thats not the case?