Unanswered: Database Conversion

Hi, I have created an access db in 97 format that will be distributed to clients. If a client tries to open the db in access 97 they logon and it's fine. But, if they try to open with access2000/20002 an error message appears saying they do not have the permissions to convert the database, which is fine, they don't. However, access 2000/2002 does not allow them to open the database in the 97 format. I don't want to change their permission but is there a way to bypass the conversion and allow acces 2002/2000 users to open the database in the 97 format.
    Cheers,

Re: Database Conversion

Have you tried splitting the database into a front end and back end so that you can have the front end forms, etc. in both access 97 and 2000/2002 format and they all tie into the same backend?

No, i havent. The distribution needs to be as few files as possible. So I need to keep the database in one file. This way the clients only have to download the mdb and the mdw. I was thinking that there may be a option or variable you can set, simialr to disabling the Shift key bypass.

Feeling pretty stink. Have been playing around, and once I open the Db with the admin user and select don't convert, then close out and reopen the db as the user account the conversion security is not an issue. I guess Access automatic tags the db as "don't prompt to convert again". Anyway thanks for your help.