Unanswered: Problems trying to set up distributed queries between SQL and ADSI

HI,
    I know this issue has been asked before in this forum, but I have tried with that advices and I haven´t succeded.
    To do this setup I first run this sp (as documented):
    sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI','Active Directory Service Interface', 'ADSDSOObject','adsdatasource'

Prior to this I verified in the SQL 2000 server (that in this case is the DC too) what version of ADSI is installed (which is 5, or the version that comes with W2k)

Next I execute:
    sp_addlinkedsrvlogin 'ADSI',false,null,'IBDEV\internet','administrator'

I'm using null as local login because I want this credentials to be used with all the local logins.

IBDEV\Internet is a domain administrator account (and administrator is its password).

After doing this, I try to run the following query:
    select cn
    from OpenQuery(ADSI, 'select cn
    from "LDAP:\\OU=Usuarios,DC=ibdev,DC=biv,DC=local"' )

And I get the following error

Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADSDSOObject' ICommandPrepare::Prepare returned 0x80040e14].

If in Enterprise Manager I try to explore the views or tables of that linked server I get the following error

Error 7301: Could not obtain a required interface from OLE DB provider 'ADSDSOObject' ... IUnknown:QueryInterface returned 0x80004002 : IDBSchemaRowset

Could anybody tell me how can I troubleshoot this issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    María del Carmen Vasquez

Hi María

Were you able to solve this?

Murali

Red face

I have been looking for a solution to the same issue for weeks!

I suspected I had more problem because using Active Directory on Windows Server 2003. McVasquez, is this your case too?

On one hand, there are a lot of people with the same problem complaining here and there on the Web and no real answer. On the other hand, some are just connecting to ADSI without nay difficulty.

This is really annoying! I wish someone more capable than I am could look into this. Microsoft??? Please help, we need this to work...