Unanswered: Browsing through Records using a form, and performing an action for each new record

I have a system so that if a user chooses a car that is American and has Miles it uses miles in Calculations and changes the label to Mi instead of KM.

This works fine except that the label of course doesn't hold the value. So I was wondering if there is a way to have it perform my conversion each time a new record is looked at.

Or would I just be wiser to use text boxes and get rid of my labels. And thus store what were my labels for each different invoice. It sounds kind of like a waste of diskspace, but I guess updating on each record viewed might take up more processor cycles. So it's kind of a tossup except for the fact that I can't even try gong the processor route as I don't know how... so here's my Database attached, and it's an Access 2002 file. If you have an older version of Access I'd be happy to convert it for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guess I'll just add the labels as a text field that is stored for each invioce.

How are you iterating thru the records? Is this a "continuous" form?

Just using the datacontrol at the bottom of the form or possibly the wheel mouse.

I thought of possibly making my own data control so I could have an on click but if the user used the wheel mouse or the arrow keys I might be out of luck.

Ooops I just realized too I forgot to have my boolean for if the car is or isn't in miles per hour saved. So now atleast I can have it print out properly.
    Last edited by Lith; 10-08-03 at 13:38.