Unanswered: Database is getting shutdown frequently

Hay All,

My DB2 database is going frequenctly down. What may be the reason?

I am getting the following message from services

"The DB2 - DB2-0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. "

But I am not able to start this service also and needs to restart my server box.

Please let me know why this is happening ?

Thanks in Advance.

Karthik.

This is punishment for not reading the "Read Me: Must Read before posting thread.

Re: Database is getting shutdown frequently

Hi Karthi:

Please provide some information about your operating system, db2 version and fix pak and some sort of log content if any. It's hard to help without any specific information.

dollar

Originally posted by karthi_keyand
    Hay All,

My DB2 database is going frequenctly down. What may be the reason?

I am getting the following message from services

"The DB2 - DB2-0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. "

But I am not able to start this service also and needs to restart my server box.

Please let me know why this is happening ?

Thanks in Advance.

Karthik.

Hai dollar,

I am using DB2 UDB "DB2 v8.1.0.36" for windows 2000 32 bit with fixpack 0, It is a trial version downloaded from IBM site.

Whenever I am trying to call some procedures, server is going down.
    but most of procedures it is responding fine.

I have checked db2diag.log file, but there is no information related to shutdown.

Thanks in Advance.

- Karthik.

Originally posted by dollar489
    Hi Karthi:

Please provide some information about your operating system, db2 version and fix pak and some sort of log content if any. It's hard to help without any specific information.

dollar

I haven't worked much with V8 but heard that going to latest fixpak will resolve most of your issues. The download for fixpak is free and their installation on windows is plain and simple. Try that and see if you still having the same problem. Here is the link:

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...ist.d2w/report

dollar

Originally posted by karthi_keyand
    Hai dollar,

I am using DB2 UDB "DB2 v8.1.0.36" for windows 2000 32 bit with fixpack 0, It is a trial version downloaded from IBM site.

Whenever I am trying to call some procedures, server is going down.
    but most of procedures it is responding fine.

I have checked db2diag.log file, but there is no information related to shutdown.

Thanks in Advance.

- Karthik.

I don't know if you are interested, but the DB2 for Windows Fixpaks (V8) can be installed directly without the base code having been installed. Obviously, they can also be installed over the base code and any previous fixpaks. I believe this option is only available for the DB2 for Windows platform.