Question Unanswered: Where i can find instrument?

Good day (morning, everning or night ).

I have a problem: system table (database sysmaster table syschuncks) have a wrong record about bad chunk.

This chunk have a PD state (primary down), and he can`t return to PO state (primary on-line - 'onspaces -s MyDataBase -p PathToChunk -o 0 -O' returned 'Bad Parimary Chunk'), and i can`t remove this chunk with 'onspaces -d MyDataBase -p PathToChunk -o 0' function (returned "Bad Primary Chunk").

This chunk at 'onstat -d' have 0% free space, but in syschunk table record of it and at 'oncheck -pr' have only 3 page (6K) busy.

Question: Where i can find instrument for editing syschunk table records or where i can correct to IDS must do it?

Please, answer this question, the server is stay 3 day, i`m nearly panic...

Re: Where i can find instrument?

Originally posted by AsKZ
    Good day (morning, everning or night ).

I have a problem: system table (database sysmaster table syschuncks) have a wrong record about bad chunk.

This chunk have a PD state (primary down), and he can`t return to PO state (primary on-line - 'onspaces -s MyDataBase -p PathToChunk -o 0 -O' returned 'Bad Parimary Chunk'), and i can`t remove this chunk with 'onspaces -d MyDataBase -p PathToChunk -o 0' function (returned "Bad Primary Chunk").

This chunk at 'onstat -d' have 0% free space, but in syschunk table record of it and at 'oncheck -pr' have only 3 page (6K) busy.

Question: Where i can find instrument for editing syschunk table records or where i can correct to IDS must do it?

Please, answer this question, the server is stay 3 day, i`m nearly panic...
    Hi AsKZ,

Depending on the version that these using, this can be bug.
    You have two possibilities, if the space and the time allow it is to
    do dbexport of the bases and to initialize the online one again.
    Or to migrate of version.

Luck.

Gustavo.

Hi Gustavo,

May be, this problem is a bug, but i decide it other manner...
    And when base at inactive state (if chunk is PD state), i didn`t run dbexport...

Thank`s for answer

AsKZ.

Originally posted by AsKZ
    Hi Gustavo,

May be, this problem is a bug, but i decide it other manner...
    And when base at inactive state (if chunk is PD state), i didn`t run dbexport...

Thank`s for answer

AsKZ.
    Hi, AsKZ

You tried to do restore in hot of dbspace ?.

I see the following bug :
    ONSPACES AND ONMONITOR DON'T DETECT BAD CHUNK SIZE + OFFSET RANGE VAL (bug number 23593).
    BTW the chunk exist ???
    Is raw-devices or cooked file ??

Gustavo.