Unanswered: Cannot overload StatPrint

Any help on the problems below would be greatly appreciated :

Problem 1:
    ------------
    When BladeSmith is used to create a UDT and I activate statistics functions, only StatCollect is installed. When I then try to add StatPrint seperately I get a message saying that a Routine with this signature exists.

I can get around this by adding StatPrint into the objects.sql directly for the moment but that's not ideal.

Is this a known bug with BladeSmith? BTW I'm running BladeSmith v4.00.TC3.

Problem 2:
    ------------
    I've added StatPrint into objects.sql and written a C function to implement StatPrint for my specific UDT.
    I've tried :
    lvarchar StatPrint(void* dummy, lvarchar stat) -- as per example supplied
    lvarchar StatPrint(UDT* dummy_udt, lvarchar stat) -- because this made more sense to me.

When I populate a table with some UDT values and run "update statistics high" this is successful i.e. picks up overloaded StatCollect

When I then try "dbschema -d my_db -hd udt_table" I get
    "-937 - User Defined Routine error."

I'm 99.9% sure this error is not coming from my overloaded "StatPrint" function as this is the same error I was getting prior to writting the "StatPrint" function.

Cool Re: Cannot overload StatPrint

If anyone's interested I've managed to fix this problem myself. The prototype in the objects.sql file for the StatPrint and StatCollect UDRs was incorrect.

Should have been :

"StatCollect (a_number,float,float) returns stat"
    "StatPrint (a_number,stat) returns lvarchar"

Originally posted by eamonnthedub
    Any help on the problems below would be greatly appreciated :

Problem 1:
    ------------
    When BladeSmith is used to create a UDT and I activate statistics functions, only StatCollect is installed. When I then try to add StatPrint seperately I get a message saying that a Routine with this signature exists.

I can get around this by adding StatPrint into the objects.sql directly for the moment but that's not ideal.

Is this a known bug with BladeSmith? BTW I'm running BladeSmith v4.00.TC3.

Problem 2:
    ------------
    I've added StatPrint into objects.sql and written a C function to implement StatPrint for my specific UDT.
    I've tried :
    lvarchar StatPrint(void* dummy, lvarchar stat) -- as per example supplied
    lvarchar StatPrint(UDT* dummy_udt, lvarchar stat) -- because this made more sense to me.

When I populate a table with some UDT values and run "update statistics high" this is successful i.e. picks up overloaded StatCollect

When I then try "dbschema -d my_db -hd udt_table" I get
    "-937 - User Defined Routine error."

I'm 99.9% sure this error is not coming from my overloaded "StatPrint" function as this is the same error I was getting prior to writting the "StatPrint" function.