Unanswered: Office links Formatting for Cyrillic fonts

Greetings All:

When using officelinks to export an access table or query to excel or word the cyrillic fonts get broken. They show fine in access but won't export. Fonts are maintained correctly if I use transferspreadsheet.

Cut and paste/special/unicode text also works.

However, it seems like officelinks should be configurable for this. I have tried changing the work and excel fonts to unicode characters but that did not help.

Thanks for any tips!
    Anne Thom

Post Re: Office links Formatting for Cyrillic fonts

Anne,

If you use @Arial Unicode MS font format on your access tables you then can write in any langauage supported including cyrillic and use office links to word or excel

Hope this helps.

Val

Originally posted by annethom
    Greetings All:

When using officelinks to export an access table or query to excel or word the cyrillic fonts get broken. They show fine in access but won't export. Fonts are maintained correctly if I use transferspreadsheet.

Cut and paste/special/unicode text also works.

However, it seems like officelinks should be configurable for this. I have tried changing the work and excel fonts to unicode characters but that did not help.

Thanks for any tips!
    Anne Thom

Re: Office links Formatting for Cyrillic fonts

Val:
    That was quick! This forum is great. However, I tried this already and it still gives things like:
    ?????????? ??? ???? ??? (Rossiiskii kto est' kto)

We are cutting and pasting in the meantime which is not a show stopper but..... Any other ideas?
    Thanks!
    Anne

Originally posted by valmy
    Anne,

If you use @Arial Unicode MS font format on your access tables you then can write in any langauage supported including cyrillic and use office links to word or excel

Hope this helps.

Val

Anne,

This works for me using access 2002.
    In access 97 using Arial Cyr works.

If you have pasted the Russian this can sometimes cause problems, try retyping one field and see if that helps.

Val

Val:
    That was quick! This forum is great. However, I tried this already and it still gives things like:

We are cutting and pasting in the meantime which is not a show stopper but..... Any other ideas?
    Thanks!
    Anne [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi Again Val!
    Tried changing access font to arial cyl, did not help. Typed in a new record in cyrillic into the table, on officelink export, it also breaks.
    Using Office 2000 sp3.
    Many thanks.
    Anne

Originally posted by valmy
    Anne,

This works for me using access 2002.
    In access 97 using Arial Cyr works.

If you have pasted the Russian this can sometimes cause problems, try retyping one field and see if that helps.

Val

Val:

Thanks!
    Anne
    [/SIZE][/QUOTE]