Unanswered: Timeout expired[microsoft][odbc sql server driver]

Hi all,
    I am running an VB6 application with SQLServer 2000,for morethan 6 months. Suddenly I am receiving this TIMEOUT ERROR. when i try to run that particular query in the QUERY ANALAYSER,it takes less than few seconds. But when i try to use in my application, it shows this ERROR.
    When I found the number of records it is more than 1,34,245 records.
    I am accessing SQL through my DSN name created via ODBC connectivity.

Please pass your valuable suggestion and help me to sort out this...
    Regards
    Sudhagar.S

Check if your DSN is configured correctly (correct server-name, correct DB-name, and so on).
    If all this are correct, increase the Time-Out value of your connection. This should solve the problem.

Best regards!

it looks like a different execution plan is being used from your app vs. query analyzer. you can try dbcc freeproccache or sp_recompile your_proc_name if it's a stored procedure.

Time out issue Solved !!!

Dear botond.baika and ms_sql_dba,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
    I tryed two ways

1) Try to increase the ODBC Connectivity time via CONNECTION POOLING( u can see this in the TAB)default in my system was 120.

2) Then set the connection's commandtimeout property as ZERO.
    ie., con.commandtimeout=0. I found default value is 30. In order to wait,untill resultset returns the value,we have to set this property.

When i try the first one, i did not get solution and when i try the second one ..I was able to solve by issue.

I had demo with my notebook where I got my DATABASE and APPLICATION Locally.I was success in this.
    Let me check it out my CLIENT's place.I hope I wont get any ERROR.

Thanks for your IDEAS.
    Regards
    Sudhagar.S