Question Unanswered: SQL Linked Server Stored Proc Errors

I have a stored proc that gets database information from all managed SQL Servers via linked servers, and stores the information in a database. The information is then viewed from a webpage.

I recently started to get the following error(s) below when the stored proc runs on the primary server :
    The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7391) [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312) OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a]. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7300).

Can anyone advise me on what is causing this error, and a possible solution.

Thanks.

sounds like you're trying to do more than one operation on the same connection object at the same time. the first hasn't completed when the second is issued.

Talking Problem Solved!

I would like to thank everyone for their help. The problem was caused by one of my linked servers losing its dns/wins setting. It reset the server and my stored proc. worked. Thanks again.