Thread: Oracle 8i

Unhappy Unanswered: Oracle 8i

I have Oracle 8i Ent Edition installed on Win2k with no problem. I do the same thing for XP edition on my lap to. Install is ok, SQL Plus use is ok, but when my machine boots up strtdb80.exe fails, I checked the install to install the default database. Then when I use the enterprise Manager, the message is VOC program fails.

Can Anyone out there help on this issue. Can Oracle 8i run on XP? Should I reinstall.

Post Re: Oracle 8i

Following are the Oracle 8i Ent edition versions available by Oracle for various OS. I don't think that Oracle is having a version compatible with Windows XP. (-:

Linux
    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 3 (8.1.7.0.1) for Linux (Intel), with OPS
    Windows
    Oracle8i Enterprise/Standard Edition Release 3 (8.1.7) for Windows 2000/NT
    Solaris
    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 3 (8.1.7) for Sun SPARC Solaris (64 and 32 bit)
    UNIX
    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 3 (8.1.7) for AIX-Based systems (64 and 32 bit)
    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition (64-bit) Release 3 (8.1.7) for HP 9000 Series HP-UX
    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 3 (8.1.7) for Compaq Tru64 UNIX

Hope, this helps!

- Rohit.

Originally posted by johnws
    I have Oracle 8i Ent Edition installed on Win2k with no problem. I do the same thing for XP edition on my lap to. Install is ok, SQL Plus use is ok, but when my machine boots up strtdb80.exe fails, I checked the install to install the default database. Then when I use the enterprise Manager, the message is VOC program fails.

Can Anyone out there help on this issue. Can Oracle 8i run on XP? Should I reinstall.

The only version out there compatible with XP is 9i