Unanswered: automatically adding lines

Here's a bit of a problem I'm working on. The database I'm working on, I want it set so that i can add to it indefinitly. What this means for me is that when I finish adding the data to the last line, that it will add and format the next line correctly.

For example, I'm using validation drop down boxes in the line above to select the information I am working with, when I finish selecting the appropriate info, it will automatically generate a new line below using the same format, just without the fields being filled in.

Thanks for any help you can provide

You asked how to have a new Excel row at the end of your data have the same formats and validations from the last populated row.

My solution would be to add a command button to the Excel spreadsheet. The VBA code behind this button would locate the first blank cell in column A (which by design is always one row beyond the end of your "database"). Next the code inserts a new row. This will pick up formats and validation rules from the previous row. Following the insert, the command ACTIVECELL.SELECT will make the first cell of the new row active.

Your statements implied you were looking for a fully automated solution to format one row at a time, that when the last row is populated, the next row is magically formatted. I think a command button and VBA is the only solution, but I'm willing to learn if someone has a better way.

Jerry

Re: automatically adding lines

Originally posted by Udomann
    Here's a bit of a problem I'm working on. The database I'm working on, I want it set so that i can add to it indefinitly. What this means for me is that when I finish adding the data to the last line, that it will add and format the next line correctly.

For example, I'm using validation drop down boxes in the line above to select the information I am working with, when I finish selecting the appropriate info, it will automatically generate a new line below using the same format, just without the fields being filled in.

Thanks for any help you can provide
    A couple of questions:
    First, does the added line have to be only one?
    Second, how many columns are you using?

Re: automatically adding lines

Originally posted by houhwx
    A couple of questions:
    First, does the added line have to be only one?
    Second, how many columns are you using?
    Just one line added at a time, and the # of columns isn't determined yet, but about 7 or 8.

Thanks