Unanswered: InnoDB and Full-text Search

Hi All,
    Please note that as per mysql manual the Full-text Search is not supported in innodb.
    we are in the process of porting our application to innodb table types from existng table types of myisam and in our application we have made use of MySQL Full-text Search .
    If any one of you know any work around for this problem ,please suggest us .

Thanking you all in advance:

-Ravi

You can always mixe innodb table and myisam on one table to use with Full text search
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Thanks for the reply:
    If I am not wrong in understanding your reply then you are saying that I can have tables of myisam and innodb in one database ,that is ok.
    But my problem is that i have to change all the table from myisam to innodb to maintain refrential integrity between these table.
    -Ravi

Originally posted by omiossec
    You can always mixe innodb table and myisam on one table to use with Full text search

Provided Answers: 1

Re: InnoDB and Full-text Search

Originally posted by ravishankar
    Hi All,
    Please note that as per mysql manual the Full-text Search is not supported in innodb.
    we are in the process of porting our application to innodb table types from existng table types of myisam and in our application we have made use of MySQL Full-text Search .
    If any one of you know any work around for this problem ,please suggest us .

Thanking you all in advance:

-Ravi
    Or you can parse the strings with your application and store the words in the database. That's what we did for our app (and we needed to be portable across databases so we had no choice) and it works fine.