Question Unanswered: How can I look things up in a closed table

I'm intending to look up the table names in the system object table to check the existence of a table requested by the user. Basically if the table exist then the it will loaded into a form which is predesigned. If the doesn't exist then a message will pop up and say that the table doesn't exist. I know that you can get around this problem using On Error, but I would like to know if there anything else I can use, i.e. look it up somewhere. Can anyone help?

Re: How can I look things up in a closed table

Originally posted by Camford
    I'm intending to look up the table names in the system object table to check the existence of a table requested by the user. Basically if the table exist then the it will loaded into a form which is predesigned. If the doesn't exist then a message will pop up and say that the table doesn't exist. I know that you can get around this problem using On Error, but I would like to know if there anything else I can use, i.e. look it up somewhere. Can anyone help?
    Maybe you can use this as a start :

Code:
    Public Sub test()
        Dim myDB As database
        Dim table As tableDef

Set myDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0)
        Debug.Print myDB.Name

For Each table In myDB.TableDefs
            Debug.Print table.Name
        Next table
    End Sub
    It displays the names of all tables of your current db (including system tables)

Thanks for your help.