Red face Unanswered: Printing reports directly to PDF-format

Please help me!!

I use Access 97, WinNT and Adobe Distiller.

I found one sample code, what I'm using.
    See page http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0011.htm
    I have to edit AcrobatName, AcrobatDriver and AcrobatPort because I use Distiller.

I have made code wherewith I could timing report print or output routine. Output method I could use xls, rtf, etc. format. But now I want make also pdf-files.

That code what I found work fine, but I could not give destination filename. It's asking me filename and open pdf-file in AcrobatReader.

This code not work in my case:
    [Acrobat PDFWriter]
    PDFFilename=C:\(path)\pdftemp.doc
    bDocInfo=0

Distiller read some other place to get default filename, but I don't know what it is. How I could replace this code? I found some example what says to use API-cals or WinRegister. I have no skils to do either way. Can anyone help me?

I have made decision to change my Access97 to XP and also WinNT to XP, so if this problem is simply to resolve then I could wait PDF files publication for a while.

Re: Printing reports directly to PDF-format

The simplest way to accomplish this is to install the PDF writter that is in the full version of Acrobat. Then when printing, choose to print to the PDF writter. This way, of course is done manually, but can be accomplished through vba code, using the "common dialog" control set up for printing (see vb code).

Originally posted by mns
    Please help me!!

I use Access 97, WinNT and Adobe Distiller.

I found one sample code, what I'm using.
    See page http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0011.htm
    I have to edit AcrobatName, AcrobatDriver and AcrobatPort because I use Distiller.

I have made code wherewith I could timing report print or output routine. Output method I could use xls, rtf, etc. format. But now I want make also pdf-files.

That code what I found work fine, but I could not give destination filename. It's asking me filename and open pdf-file in AcrobatReader.

This code not work in my case:
    [Acrobat PDFWriter]
    PDFFilename=C:\(path)\pdftemp.doc
    bDocInfo=0

Distiller read some other place to get default filename, but I don't know what it is. How I could replace this code? I found some example what says to use API-cals or WinRegister. I have no skils to do either way. Can anyone help me?

I have made decision to change my Access97 to XP and also WinNT to XP, so if this problem is simply to resolve then I could wait PDF files publication for a while.

I have writer/printer and I could manualy "print" document and make pdf file. But want use automation doing this job. Problem is where or how I tell pdf-filename? win.ini file not work for me.
    My Adobe Distiller version is 5.0.

Originally posted by RickKnight
    The simplest way to accomplish this is to install the PDF writter that is in the full version of Acrobat. Then when printing, choose to print to the PDF writter. This way, of course is done manually, but can be accomplished through vba code, using the "common dialog" control set up for printing (see vb code).

Go to http://Planetsourcecode.com and search in visual basic for PDF

Originally posted by mns
    I have writer/printer and I could manualy "print" document and make pdf file. But want use automation doing this job. Problem is where or how I tell pdf-filename? win.ini file not work for me.
    My Adobe Distiller version is 5.0.
    Last edited by RickKnight; 10-10-03 at 15:10.