Unanswered: Cant import data from SQL to MySQL

We're trying to import a 25MB ++ data in text format to MySQL from MSSQL. We are using the mysqlimport command to import the data to the database in which these are the conditions we have set...fields are delimited by comma, enclosed by quotation marks, and terminated by '\r\n'. Everytime we do this we get a "Cant stat file (Errcode 13)". We also tried using PhpMyAdmin to import the data but it doesnt seem to do anything. Can MySQL handle very large files? Can anyone help me on this?

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Cant import data from SQL to MySQL

Originally posted by zdehman
    We're trying to import a 25MB ++ data in text format to MySQL from MSSQL. We are using the mysqlimport command to import the data to the database in which these are the conditions we have set...fields are delimited by comma, enclosed by quotation marks, and terminated by '\r\n'. Everytime we do this we get a "Cant stat file (Errcode 13)". We also tried using PhpMyAdmin to import the data but it doesnt seem to do anything. Can MySQL handle very large files? Can anyone help me on this?
    Have you tried importing a file with only a few rows to test?
    Have you tried copying your text file to the directory where the mysql executable resides?

It seem that MySQl can't acces to the file du to filesystem privilege.
    You have to make sure that the file can be read by the user who run MySQl

You can also take a look at
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/us/...tab=db&lang=us
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Takes too much time to generate....

We've tried everything you've suggested but still its too slow to generate a result from the query where making. We've tried generating the result of the query from OpenOffice and from PhpMyAdmin but stlill no luck.
    If i limit the result of the query to a small number it displays the result of the query much faster so im assuming it is generating the report even though it seems as if it has completely hang up. Can anyone help me on this?

Re: Takes too much time to generate....

Originally posted by zdehman
    We've tried everything you've suggested but still its too slow to generate a result from the query where making. We've tried generating the result of the query from OpenOffice and from PhpMyAdmin but stlill no luck.
    If i limit the result of the query to a small number it displays the result of the query much faster so im assuming it is generating the report even though it seems as if it has completely hang up. Can anyone help me on this?
    Could you post the strcture of the table and sample data from the sql file?