Thread: mysql problem

Unanswered: mysql problem

I was trying to install something and now i got locked out of mysql... i ran these commands

i was supposed to do
    GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO 'nobody'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'nopasswd';

i put
    GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'mypass';

then realized i did it wrong, so i put the
    GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO 'nobody'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'nopasswd';

thats all i did

now it wont let me log onto mysql.... gives me access denied.... is there any way i can get back in or do i have to reinstall now? and if i have to reinstall. whats the best way of getting all traces of old mysql out and put new mysql in... please help.. thanks (this is on linux btw mandrake distro)

You can try installing Phpmyadmin and if it gives you access, you can fix it from phpMyAdmin

Re: mysql problem

Originally posted by pun84
    I was trying to install something and now i got locked out of mysql... i ran these commands

i was supposed to do

i put
    GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'mypass';

then realized i did it wrong, so i put the

thats all i did

now it wont let me log onto mysql.... gives me access denied.... is there any way i can get back in or do i have to reinstall now? and if i have to reinstall. whats the best way of getting all traces of old mysql out and put new mysql in... please help.. thanks (this is on linux btw mandrake distro)
    Are you connecting from the localhost or another machine?

Why are you using

Instead of

GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO nobody@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'nopasswd';
    or
    GRANT USAGE ON webdatabase.* TO nobody@localhost IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'nopasswd';

and did you use flush privileges ?
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --