Unanswered: Easy access to other table fields on a form?

Please accept my apology if the following have already been covered.

My question is if it's possible, without adding visual basic code, to access and display other records in a table, in form fields, after you have selected the table ID# in the first form field.

Hmm, that did not sound too easy to understand, so let me try and illustrate with a simple example.

Table:
    numPersonID
    txtPersonName
    txtPersonBirthData
    txtPersonAddress
    txtPersonPhone
    etc.

Form:
    Now the control source of the first field on my form is numPersonID, the field is actually a drop-down box with a query as the Row Source. The query display the person's name instead of ID #, so far so good.

Now in another form field, I want to display the corresponding person's phone number.

Sure I can make it an unbound field and make a little visual basic code with a query that executes on an event, BUT I just want to see if anyone here knows if it's possible to instead make a query/formula in the Control Source property field.

What I have tried have been unsuccessful

Thanks in advance

Smile Re: Easy access to other table fields on a form?

Originally posted by DKDiveDude
    Please accept my apology if the following have already been covered.

My question is if it's possible, without adding visual basic code, to access and display other records in a table, in form fields, after you have selected the table ID# in the first form field.

Hmm, that did not sound too easy to understand, so let me try and illustrate with a simple example.

Table:
    numPersonID
    txtPersonName
    txtPersonBirthData
    txtPersonAddress
    txtPersonPhone
    etc.

Form:
    Now the control source of the first field on my form is numPersonID, the field is actually a drop-down box with a query as the Row Source. The query display the person's name instead of ID #, so far so good.

Now in another form field, I want to display the corresponding person's phone number.

Sure I can make it an unbound field and make a little visual basic code with a query that executes on an event, BUT I just want to see if anyone here knows if it's possible to instead make a query/formula in the Control Source property field.

What I have tried have been unsuccessful

Thanks in advance
    Do you not want to use VB because you are not comfortable/familiar

with it or because your trying to keep your overhead down?

The reason I ask is that the combo box wizard will create a lookup

combo box for you very easily. No coding on your part. The code will

be there but it's written for you. Just add the fields to the form and then

drop a combo box on the form with the wizard button on. Just follow

the bouncing dialog boxes and shazam there it is.

Hope this helps.

Gregg