Question Unanswered: Report questions

I have a somewhat complex report that I am attempting to create that draws different types of information from a number of different tables.

This is a 2 part question. I haven't coded any reports in Access for quite a while so please bear with me.

As a report runs, is there a way to reference current record values in the detail portion of the report? What I have is an employee database and as it processes each detail record I want to use the current detail SSN to generate additional values.

Second question. Is it possible to assign a value to a text box as determined by a sql string? i.e. make a text box equal to something like "select sum(RegularHours) from employee where SSN = CurrentReportDetailSSNValue" <--This is a very simple example only.

I may just end up creating a new table to temporarily hold all of the values that I am looking for.

Also open to any other ideas.
    Thanks for at least reading and not making too much fun of me.

Answer 1: Yes and No. Not the record # but you can manipulate the entire record.

Answer 2: No. Have the value in there as part of the table or fill it in prior to the report running ... Example:

I run a cost report that I pass in only the work order # and the table to dump info in ... The report has code to pull the info and populate the table and then run ...

Smile

Originally posted by M Owen
    Answer 1: Yes and No. Not the record # but you can manipulate the entire record.

Answer 2: No. Have the value in there as part of the table or fill it in prior to the report running ... Example:

I run a cost report that I pass in only the work order # and the table to dump info in ... The report has code to pull the info and populate the table and then run ...
    What about a subreport ?

Gregg