Unanswered: access dummy need report

I am writing a report to summ totals for a specific code. my problem is i cannot write a simple expression to sum what I want it to do.

example

I have a report that I created that sums balances by loan code (ie loan codes are respectively 01 1f 03)

It will sum all the codes by code but I need to add atext box to sum the 01 if and 03 loan codes together. I am unsure on what to write for this. Any help is greatly appreciated

LSU National Champions

In your report footer put the same txtbox you use to sum in the group footer ... Access will take care of the rest.

Re: access dummy need report

It sounds lke you're almost there. Make a copy of the textbox control that shows your balances by loan code from the Group Footer section of your report. The ControlSource is probably something like " =Sum([balance]) " Paste the control into the Report Footer section. That will give you a total for all groups.

Originally posted by ryancoc22
    I am writing a report to summ totals for a specific code. my problem is i cannot write a simple expression to sum what I want it to do.

example

I have a report that I created that sums balances by loan code (ie loan codes are respectively 01 1f 03)

It will sum all the codes by code but I need to add atext box to sum the 01 if and 03 loan codes together. I am unsure on what to write for this. Any help is greatly appreciated

LSU National Champions

Re: access dummy need report

Originally posted by ryancoc22

example

LSU National Champions
    Well I can get the running total for all of them but I would like to create a report where I just total the 3 loan ocdes in one block and another say 5 loan codes in another text box so the powers that be can see the running total for a certain set of loans.

EX
    loan codes are as follows
    01,02,03,1l,xs = balance
    07,sl,vx,fg = balance

so I would have four or so different balance totals on the report that encapsulated 4 or 5 different loan codes.

I thought I could write something like = sum ([code] 01,02,03,1l,xs)

I typically use the query that feeds the report to produce sub-groupings like you've described.

In this query there is the exsting column for the [balance] field.

I then add other columns would have formulas like:

GROUP1:IIF([loan code]=01 or 02 or 03, [balance], 0)

GROUP2:IIF([loan code]=07 or sl or vx or fg, [balance], 0)

etc.

On your report include these in the detail and total groups as needed.

You can hard-code it like this or add a field to your table such as [loan group] and use that to identify which account should add together.

I'm in a bit of a rush or I would try to make the explanation a bit smoother. Hopefully, you get the idea I'm going for.

Good Luck...