Unanswered: Am I asking for Too Much?

Hi Friends,

I want to create a summary report from my data (mdb table) file. In which I want to print Closerwise summary, like which closer (we have 4 closers Ids in data) has closed how many loans. Also from the same data I want to print underwriters total, like which underwriter (we have 3 Underwriter Ids in data) has underwritten how many loan. I know I have just one main parameter while sorting the data and I cannot sort like Closerwise AND underwriterwise at the same time. But here what I am thinking is to read entire file and store separate totals for closers and underwriters and finally print them in one report...

Is is possible? If Yes, what's the easiest way to do it?

I am sure there are many of you who have solution for anything / everything...

Thanx in advanced.

Sandeep

Smile Re: Am I asking for Too Much?

Originally posted by Sandeep Munshi
    Hi Friends,

I want to create a summary report from my data (mdb table) file. In which I want to print Closerwise summary, like which closer (we have 4 closers Ids in data) has closed how many loans. Also from the same data I want to print underwriters total, like which underwriter (we have 3 Underwriter Ids in data) has underwritten how many loan. I know I have just one main parameter while sorting the data and I cannot sort like Closerwise AND underwriterwise at the same time. But here what I am thinking is to read entire file and store separate totals for closers and underwriters and finally print them in one report...

Is is possible? If Yes, what's the easiest way to do it?

I am sure there are many of you who have solution for anything / everything...

Thanx in advanced.

sandeep

I think that between queries and sorting and grouping in the report that

you probably can accomplish whatever you want to do. If you create a

group by whatever field you store your closers and underwriters in you

can create text boxes that use aggregate functions to summarize your

data. You can also do some tricky things with queries also. I've had

pretty good luck with each separately and a combination of each.

If you need a little help, there seems to be enough experience here on

the forum to get you through.

If you don't get enough info in replys from other folks here I could take

a look at what you have if you want to post the db.

Best of luck,

Gregg

Thanks Gregg. If you could explain briefly how could I do that through simple example, I do not need to send you a db and take much of your time. Let me try first on my own with the help of your example and if i fail, i would go for your "total" help. But again thanx a lot for your support... Sandeep

Smile

Originally posted by Sandeep Munshi
    Thanks Gregg. If you could explain briefly how could I do that through simple example, I do not need to send you a db and take much of your time. Let me try first on my own with the help of your example and if i fail, i would go for your "total" help. But again thanx a lot for your support... Sandeep
    Could you give me some idea of the structure of your tables? How I would summarize would depend somewhat on this. I don't want to take the fun out of learning it for you, it's just easier if I can set something similar up on my own and see how I would approach it.

Have you looked into the sorting and grouping part of the reports yet? You may find what you are looking for there.

With a query, I sometimes like to get information from two different fields combined into one field. I then can use that field to sort and group the records in the field. If the each closer is not an underwriter and vice versa, then this field, say we called it Job, would be filled with the word Underwriter or Closer. This would be a group header in the report and each group, Closer or Underwriter could have its own totals.

Not trying to avoid specifics, its just difficult without more info.

Let me know what you can.

Gregg