Unanswered: Problem when using JDBC Type 4 Driver with WebSphere Studio 5.x

I am currently developing a web application using WebSphere Studio 5.0.1 with the WebSphere Test AppServer 5.0.2. The Code is trying to make remote calls to a DB2 Database using Type 4 Driver com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. The code is using PreparedStatement which is causing the following error when the code is trying to call connection.PrepareStatement: "getMaxFieldSize is not supported in JCC 1.0". Replacing the PreparStatement calls to conn.createStatement suppresses the Errors. Also when the PrepareStatement was used against the Type 2 driver everything works fine. Any suggestions?????

Re: Problem when using JDBC Type 4 Driver with WebSphere Studio 5.x

Originally posted by mk2003
    I am currently developing a web application using WebSphere Studio 5.0.1 with the WebSphere Test AppServer 5.0.2. The Code is trying to make remote calls to a DB2 Database using Type 4 Driver com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. The code is using PreparedStatement which is causing the following error when the code is trying to call connection.PrepareStatement: "getMaxFieldSize is not supported in JCC 1.0". Replacing the PreparStatement calls to conn.createStatement suppresses the Errors. Also when the PrepareStatement was used against the Type 2 driver everything works fine. Any suggestions?????
    Hello
    I have the same Problem, are there already any solutions?

Thanks for any suggestions...

My problem had to with one jar file not getting updated properly when I applied the DB2 Fixpack #3. My Appserver Stack trace was indicating something like:

[10/20/03 8:54:19:062 CDT] 7edb2450 WSRdbDataSour u Database version is SQL08013

[10/20/03 8:54:19:062 CDT] 7edb2450 WSRdbDataSour u JDBC Driver version is 1.0.581

Whereas the correct version that you shall use for DB2 Universal JDBC
    Driver for DB V8.1 Fixpack 3 should be version 1.3.70.

I re-ran the Fixpack #3 and the problem was resolved. Hope this helps you foryour problem.