Question Unanswered: Import / Export Problem

I have 3 computers networked. Two laptops are in the field all week and I want to download data collected in the laptops into the desktop once a week. The problem is if I do a import on the desktop from the laptops it duplicates the data. Can anyone give me a step by step guide as to how to do the import into the desktop ?

Re: Import / Export Problem

Are you importing from the "File>Import Records" or are using a script?

Originally posted by dhsa
    I have 3 computers networked. Two laptops are in the field all week and I want to download data collected in the laptops into the desktop once a week. The problem is if I do a import on the desktop from the laptops it duplicates the data. Can anyone give me a step by step guide as to how to do the import into the desktop ?

import export px

I am trying to do this in a script. Every time I import new records it wants to import all the records in the laptops database, not just the found records.

Any suggestions ?

Re: import export px

You should create a script in the db your importing from that searches for a specific criteria (date) then run your import script to import and (now I'm quoting from Filemaker help) "if you’re updating records, make sure the found set contains only the records you want to update. Records outside the found set will not be updated".

Copyright © 1994 - 2001 FileMaker, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Originally posted by dhsa
    I am trying to do this in a script. Every time I import new records it wants to import all the records in the laptops database, not just the found records.

Any suggestions ?