Unanswered: Newbie saying hello

Hello everyone this is my first ever post. Can someone give me hand with keys. I got this access book but is not very detailed. i'm trying to create my first database for a basketball database. I'm thinking that the date is the primary key but am not very sure. It looks as follows so far. The first table is

date
    team
    score
    line
    home/away
    w/l game
    w/l line

2nd table
    1st qtr
    2nd qtr
    3rd qtr
    4th qtr

3rd table
    fg made
    fg attempted
    3pt made
    3pt attempted
    ft made
    ft attempted
    reb
    foul
    assist
    block
    steal
    turnover

I was going to concatenate the score and other details in query. I would really apppreciate any help.

I am new to access myself but i think that date would be a bad primary key unless you are only expecting to have no more then one game on any given day. Instead you can have a unique game ID column that you can use as a primary key.

Also your second table, i think, lacks a column that will be needed to create a relationship to the other two tables, you will probably need a game ID column there as well

same with the 3rd table

i hope this helps

Di

Thanks Dianachka
    I realise now i need a unique game id. I'm going to create a table for teams another for scores and another for stats. Does anyone have any ideas as to putting one team in each table or both home and visitor in the same table. This would eliminate the home/away field. I also think i can eliminate the two w/l fields and score fields as i can query it. What do you think? Has anyone posted anything on sport database as i'd like to have a look. The end product i'm after is like this site
    http://www.covers.com/data/nfl/game/g1_10200.html
    although this is football and not basketball the way the numbers are placed is what i'm after. The nba should be up next month
    Thanks