Thread: dbf and idx

Unanswered: dbf and idx

Are Fox databases the only db that create .dbf AND .idx as table for its database or are there some other PC database software ??
    I have an application that have all dbf and idx encrypted, looking on info to what soaftware created it and hope to decrypt them. The company make them is gone and my data is dead in there.
    Please help me . thanks
    Last edited by tloi; 10-12-03 at 04:46.

Should be FoxPro.

Dbase uses .ndx index structure to my recollection.

You need to "set index to" in FoxPro to connect... New versions of Fox have multiple indexes in the .cdx format. I recall that .idx is for one key or another...

Best to simply access the data then build new .cdx indexes in my opinion.

hope this helps. I don't know anything about "un encription".
    LA

Re: dbf and idx

You could be looking at a Clipper or even Force table. Actually there are a few others that I can't remember right off hand. If you'd like to drop me one I can take a look at it for you.

Best.

Originally posted by tloi
    Are Fox databases the only db that create .dbf AND .idx as table for its database or are there some other PC database software ??
    I have an application that have all dbf and idx encrypted, looking on info to what soaftware created it and hope to decrypt them. The company make them is gone and my data is dead in there.
    Please help me . thanks