Unanswered: Insert with 200+ columns

My tables are having 200+ columns. When I try to insert through an SP this works but when I call the SP through my C# application, this gives an error saying that either the data type/number of parameters is incorrect.

Is there a simple way of finding out which of the column is having a data type mismatch ? We have done a manual compare but can find no error.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: Insert with 200+ columns

Originally posted by Omprakash
    My tables are having 200+ columns. When I try to insert through an SP this works but when I call the SP through my C# application, this gives an error saying that either the data type/number of parameters is incorrect.

Is there a simple way of finding out which of the column is having a data type mismatch ? We have done a manual compare but can find no error.
    IIRC on 9i the error message include the column in error.

Too bad you did not specify Oracle version, OS, or OS version. :-(

Re: Insert with 200+ columns

Originally posted by Omprakash

YES, PLEASE RUN THE CODE MENTIONED IN THE ASP SCRIPT AT
    SQL PROMPT AND THEN COPY THE SAME INTO ASP SCRIPT AND ADD THE" SYMBOLS AT THE BEGINING AND ENDING.,

EX
    SQL="SELECT ............... FROM ....... WHERE .... "
    oCONN.EXECUTE SQL