Unanswered: Incuring a problem in PB (Sybase)

Hi,
    This is vinodh.

I am encountering a serious problem in Power Builder Data Window section. ie., To go to the syntax of the DW, I go to menu design and click data source and then the DW opens either in graphic or syntax mode. But in many circumstances the DW doesnt open even after 20 or 30 mins. If I kill the job using SQL Advantage, the syntax is shown, but any alteration does not take effect. I have to close the application and re open it. This problem happens specifically when I use trim function in the syntax form and the Union function. When I try to close the application, window not responding message pops up.

Friends who could help me in this regard please do keep me posted.

Thanks and awaiting your replies...

Vinodh

Re: Incuring a problem in PB (Sybase)

hi vinod ,

r u sure the tables exist on runtime , also does it automatically try to retrieve the data when u open it thus prolonging its opening . the associated query might be taking a long time to execute and hence the delay .
    if nothing works export the object and change the syntax as required . let me know if this helps.

regards
    paresh
    Originally posted by Vinodh
    Hi,
    This is vinodh.

I am encountering a serious problem in Power Builder Data Window section. ie., To go to the syntax of the DW, I go to menu design and click data source and then the DW opens either in graphic or syntax mode. But in many circumstances the DW doesnt open even after 20 or 30 mins. If I kill the job using SQL Advantage, the syntax is shown, but any alteration does not take effect. I have to close the application and re open it. This problem happens specifically when I use trim function in the syntax form and the Union function. When I try to close the application, window not responding message pops up.

Friends who could help me in this regard please do keep me posted.

Thanks and awaiting your replies...

Vinodh

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for your comments. The tables exist and I noticed another strange issue. I changed the ODBC to production and the data source opens (though little slow) then I switched back to test. I also copied all the pb80* procedures to the test versions, also checked with my dba sa to my restrictions. But it does not open in our test.

Please send your comments.

Thank you...

Bye

Vinodh

r u able to connect to the test db using the profile , also when u connect to the database , r u sure the right profile is being used

Originally posted by Vinodh
    Hi Paresh,

Thanks for your comments. The tables exist and I noticed another strange issue. I changed the ODBC to production and the data source opens (though little slow) then I switched back to test. I also copied all the pb80* procedures to the test versions, also checked with my dba sa to my restrictions. But it does not open in our test.

Please send your comments.

Thank you...

Bye

Vinodh

Reply to post 'Incuring a problem in PB (Sybase)'

Everything has been cross verified. No flaw. I open the database and check the values, (No flaw to be found). Exactly the same datasource syntax which does not open in the test environment opens at ease in the production environment. So I think the problem is not in the syntax and also in the connection but in the test environment. Considering this in mind I copied pb80* procedures to the test environment.

Thank you and keep me posted,

regards,
    Vinodh

Originally posted by parya4u
    r u able to connect to the test db using the profile , also when u connect to the database , r u sure the right profile is being used