Post Unanswered: to import one access database into another

i'm realeasing and 2nd version of my application which is developed in Microsoft Access.
    now i want that as soon as the user install the new version it should automatically import the data from application first version if installed. I'm using VB code in access

Re: to import one access database into another

Originally posted by bushi_khan
    i'm realeasing and 2nd version of my application which is developed in Microsoft Access.
    now i want that as soon as the user install the new version it should automatically import the data from application first version if installed. I'm using VB code in access
    This is no answer to your question, but a hint for the next time you have to create a database.
    The best thing you can do is dividing your database in 2 separate databases:
    - the first one to store all the data
    - the second database to store all the forms, queries, modules, ...

The second database is your main database.
    You have to link the tables from the first one into the second one.
    If for example you modify anything on the graphical user interface, you don't have to import the data into the new version, only be sure the links to the data-database are still active.

If you changed something in the datastructure, then you should write procedures to import data from the old version into the new version.