Post Unanswered: Install both Access 2000 and Access 2002

I would like to install both Access 2000 and Access XP on one system. Previous attempts are unsuccessful that either one tries to uninstall the other before continuing. Any suggestions?

Smile Re: Install both Access 2000 and Access 2002

Originally posted by amsguru
    I would like to install both Access 2000 and Access XP on one system. Previous attempts are unsuccessful that either one tries to uninstall the other before continuing. Any suggestions?
    I've not had any problem doing this. Done it several times as a matter of fact.
    During the installation process of XP, there will be an opportunity to keep the old program versions selectively. Give it another shot and if there is a point where you can select "Custom", you might want to try that.

Good Luck,

Gregg

Re: Install both Access 2000 and Access 2002

Currently, I have Access XP and then tried to install Access 2000. With the way you have written, I should have 2000 first and then install XP ???

Originally posted by basicmek
    I've not had any problem doing this. Done it several times as a matter of fact.
    During the installation process of XP, there will be an opportunity to keep the old program versions selectively. Give it another shot and if there is a point where you can select "Custom", you might want to try that.

Good Luck,

Gregg

Smile Re: Install both Access 2000 and Access 2002

Originally posted by amsguru
    Currently, I have Access XP and then tried to install Access 2000. With the way you have written, I should have 2000 first and then install XP ???

That's the only way I've tried to do it. Not sure how friendly it is the other way. Looks like not very. I've always upgraded but had to retain the older versions for compatability with machines that were running them. Gets confusing to keep track of. As soon as you open up a version, it becomes the default when you click on a database to open it. You have to get used to going to the shortcut for the database version and then opening up the specific database that needs to use that version.

Gregg

Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach
    When installing, also make certain that you are not installing to the same directory as the older version of Access.

I cannot recall if this thought was obvious when I did my Access 2000 install over Access 97.

Jack