Thread: cpu usage

Unanswered: cpu usage

Hello,

We're having problems with some querries on db2/udb windows 2000 version 7.2.4. One query is consuming all the cpu of the server, is there a possibility to use a parameter to automatic force these queries when they take all resource of the server ? Can i set a parameter of max. cpu-usage ?

Thanks,
    Johan

Provided Answers: 5
    Johan,
    No, not to my knowledge. Large queries do this. You need to examine the query and check why it is consuming so much resources.
    Run EXPLAIN or generate an access plan in the Control Center to see what it is doing. Anything like creating indexes can improve this.

HTH

Andy

Originally posted by ARWinner
    Johan,
    No, not to my knowledge. Large queries do this. You need to examine the query and check why it is consuming so much resources.
    Run EXPLAIN or generate an access plan in the Control Center to see what it is doing. Anything like creating indexes can improve this.

HTH

Andy
    As far as I know with DB2GOV utility you can force application that consume cpu more than you expectation.

Thanks

Re: cpu usage

Hey,

Why not get the root of the problem and post that bad boy...

Also...it's been a while, doing a lot of sql server...but does this board deal with any OS/390 stuff?

Spocs up there are a bugger...

Or is there a separate OS/390 DB2 board?

Provided Answers: 5

Re: cpu usage

Yes, we do OS/390. Just be sure to mention that fact each time you post a question.

Andy

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    Hey,

Why not get the root of the problem and post that bad boy...

Also...it's been a while, doing a lot of sql server...but does this board deal with any OS/390 stuff?

Spocs up there are a bugger...

Or is there a separate OS/390 DB2 board?

Check out "Chapter 9. Using the governor" in the Administration Guide: Performance.

This is the version manual, not sure about version 7.