Question Unanswered: How do I create one form for multiple related tables?

Hello, I am new to dbforums.com and I have a problem.

I am working on a vacation request database and I seek to create a form that will create records in 3 related tables.

The tables are:
    --Table: Field(s)--
    Main: Name
    Month: Name Month
    Days: Name Month Day Type Approved

The similarly named fields are related. The main table looks perfect with the little '+' fold-out sub-tables, but I need a smart user-friendly interface. Thanks in advance for any input.

-d3rt

Smile Re: How do I create one form for multiple related tables?

Originally posted by d3rt
    Hello, I am new to dbforums.com and I have a problem.

I am working on a vacation request database and I seek to create a form that will create records in 3 related tables.

The tables are:
    --Table: Field(s)--
    Main: Name
    Month: Name Month
    Days: Name Month Day Type Approved

The similarly named fields are related. The main table looks perfect with the little '+' fold-out sub-tables, but I need a smart user-friendly interface. Thanks in advance for any input.

-d3rt
    For starters, try using subforms. If your tables are all related then you can create forms for each table and then drag and drop the related forms onto the main form. The forms should automatically pickup the linking field between the tables. Try this and see if it is what you are looking for.

Gregg

hmm, I'll try that tmr. I had some progress today, but my attempts were stopped by not being able to type into fields. I will try making every table into a form, then using subforms. Hopefully I can make it look asthetically pleasing at the same time.

-d3rt

How about making a query for the tables and then use this to make your form. Attn it multiplies to the lowest level. Depends on what you want. When starting with the lowest level, then you can link all the upper bleongings into fields. Maybe for speed make a new query for each new record you display.