Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1

    Unanswered: VB .NET to DB2 connection

    DB2 v8 fixpak 2 (hotfix special_7650)
    VB .NET 2003

    When trying to connect to the database using the following connection string, I get the error below.

    "Provider=DB2OLEDB;Persist Security Info=False;" & "User ID=" & uid & ";" & "Password='" & pwd & "';" & "Data Source=" & dsn_PrymDritz & ";" & "Connect Timeout=15;Extended"

    Error 3706 "provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

    I have the datasource setup in the datasources section with DB2 ODBC as the driver. The database is on the local machine.

    Does anyone have an idea of the proper connection string or know what is not setup correctly?, if that is the case.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4

    Don't have the answer

    but I am getting the same error when trying to connect from VB 6.0. Hope someone can help with this soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9

    Connection string

    You need not give the provider name if you installed db2 client.
    Try using just DSN,userId, Password and database name in your connection string



    Cheers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4

    Found a solution

    Thanks, beepyata!

    The solution I found was to put the word "data" before the word "provider". Weird, but my app is working now.

    Sure is slow. I am hitting a remote DB2 DB on a mainframe using os390.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1

    Solved!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chessy View Post
    Thanks, beepyata!

    The solution I found was to put the word "data" before the word "provider". Weird, but my app is working now.

    Sure is slow. I am hitting a remote DB2 DB on a mainframe using os390.

    Thanks Chessy!!!!
    After installing the DB2 client on my windows 2008 R2 Sp1 Server and attempting to run a query from within a classic ASP page, I was getting the below error:

    ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'
    Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

    I renamed the connection string from Provider= to DataProvider= and this solved the problem!!

    Thank You!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •