Unanswered: DTS: Data from Excel to Table

I'm having some trouble with import data from an excel document to a table. The scenario is as follows:
    The excel document has two columns A and B. Col A has to be copied into the table (table has 3 columns Col 1 - Primay key with autoincrement feature, Col 2 - is Col A from the Excel document, Col 3 - irrelevant)

Depending on Col B from excel doc the corresponding Col A data should be copied to the table. I tired using a DTS pacakage to do this but it complains becuase Col 1 (table) gets a valus of NULL for every value in Col A. I mapped only Col A to Col 2 in the Transformaton tab.

Any ideas? Seems like a simple job?!?

Thanks for any input

Re: DTS: Data from Excel to Table

Why not just DTS it in to a work table, the use sql to do what you want to do?

It'll be easier and more powerful.

Originally posted by vmlal
    I'm having some trouble with import data from an excel document to a table. The scenario is as follows:
    The excel document has two columns A and B. Col A has to be copied into the table (table has 3 columns Col 1 - Primay key with autoincrement feature, Col 2 - is Col A from the Excel document, Col 3 - irrelevant)

Depending on Col B from excel doc the corresponding Col A data should be copied to the table. I tired using a DTS pacakage to do this but it complains becuase Col 1 (table) gets a valus of NULL for every value in Col A. I mapped only Col A to Col 2 in the Transformaton tab.

Any ideas? Seems like a simple job?!?

Thanks for any input
    I had that idea, I was just looking for another idea involving some ActiveX script while Transformation columns.

Thanks newayz

Originally posted by vmlal
    I had that idea, I was just looking for another idea involving some ActiveX script while Transformation columns.

Thanks newayz
    It just slows down the transfer in my experience, because it has to handle a row at a time...

If you use sql, you can perform set operation, which will be faster in the long run.