Unanswered: Xmas kids'event - how to split contacts from form-results into individual records

I've created a "Registration Form" in Frontpage for a Xmas kids' event. Fields are:

filename1 lastname1 age1
    filename2 lastname2 age2
    filename3 lastname3 age3
    filename4 lastname4 age4
    language

Results are stored in a "Text database using comma as a separator"
    format.
    I then import these results into FileMaker (v5.5 - I'm on PC) which displays each record with 4 "contacts", thier "age" and the "language" (note that the "language" is the same for each "contact" listed in a FileMaker record).

The ultimate goal is to print a label for each individual/contact (with its firstname, lastname, age and language) listed on each FileMaker record.
    NOTE: some records may be filled by only 1 or 2 contacts. So I don't want to see/print empty contacts/records.

How to proceed? Hope I was clear enough and that someone can help.
    Many thanks! Daph
    Last edited by Daph; 10-15-03 at 04:47.

Re: Xmas kids'event - how to split contacts from form-results into individual records

Set up a new FM database with the fields "Filename", "LastName", "Age" and "Language", then import from your original FM db the filename1 (and and its related fields) into this new blank db. Do the same thing again changing your imported fields from filename1 to filename2, import and then do the same things for filename3 and filename4. You'll be importing all data by linking up to different import fields each time from your original file. Your import should be set to add new records. Then print labels out of this new FM db.
    Good Luck

Originally posted by Daph
    I've created a "Registration Form" in Frontpage for a Xmas kids' event. Fields are:

filename1 lastname1 age1
    filename2 lastname2 age2
    filename3 lastname3 age3
    filename4 lastname4 age4
    language

Results are stored in a "Text database using comma as a separator"
    format.
    I then import these results into FileMaker (v5.5 - I'm on PC) which displays each record with 4 "contacts", thier "age" and the "language" (note that the "language" is the same for each "contact" listed in a FileMaker record).

The ultimate goal is to print a label for each individual/contact (with its firstname, lastname, age and language) listed on each FileMaker record.
    NOTE: some records may be filled by only 1 or 2 contacts. So I don't want to see/print empty contacts/records.

How to proceed? Hope I was clear enough and that someone can help.
    Many thanks! Daph