Unanswered: SQL help !! thanks

Can someone help me with my SQL..

Im doing a search of unique records.. I can't get it to work after adding the Is null stmts..

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM tblInspections
    WHERE ((tblInspections.strDate) = Between [Forms]![Search]![open] OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![open]) And [Forms]![Search]![close] OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![close])) AND ((tblInspections.REJ=[Forms]![Search]![REJ]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![REJ])) AND ((tblInspections.strProject=[Forms]![Search]![strProject]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![strProject]));

thanks

This is my original Code:

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM tblInspections
    WHERE (((tblInspections.strDate) Between [Forms]![Search]![Open1] And [Forms]![Search]![Open2])) AND ((tblInspections.REJ=[Forms]![Search]![REJ]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![REJ])) AND ((tblInspections.strProject=[Forms]![Search]![strProject]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![strProject]));
    When I add the IsNull stmt in.. I get errors.. What I want is.. even if the user leaves the date field blank.. it'll search for the other fields if asked..

thanks

I think the IsNull function is just to define the data to be true or false and not setting a blank data to your reference object.

so is there another way i can leave that field blank on my form and search for others.. vice versa... ?

ok I changed it to...

SQL:

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM tblInspections
    WHERE (((tblInspections.strDate) Between [Forms]![Search]![Open1] And [Forms]![Search]![Open2])) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![Open1])) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![Open2])) AND ((tblInspections.REJ=[Forms]![Search]![REJ]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![REJ])) AND ((tblInspections.strProject=[Forms]![Search]![strProject]) OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![strProject]));
    And I'm still getting errors.. did I miss something ?

The error is.. Extra ) in the query expression

ok I tried something else..

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM tblInspections As T
    WHERE (T.strDate Between [Forms]![Search]![Open1] And [Forms]![Search]![Open2] 
           OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![Open1] OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![Open2])

AND (T.REJ=[Forms]![Search]![REJ] OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![REJ]))

AND (T.strProject=[Forms]![Search]![strProject] OR IsNull([Forms]![Search]![strProject]))
    now i get

Missing ),], or Item in query expression..

any ideas?

What are you using to let the user fill in the date field(textbox, listbox, combobox)?

try this, it might work..

Data:iif(IsNull([DateData]), [DateData], [DateData] = Forms!FormName!ObjectName)