Unhappy Unanswered: Saving Data in a Table

Guys I just started using MS Access and I suck at it. Can anyone please help me with this.

I want to add 3 Numeric Fields of a textbox on my form to a fourth TOTAL field. And need tp save the output into a table. I have done the calculation part and it works, but stuck with the data storage part.

Please help me

Smile Re: Saving Data in a Table

Originally posted by hzam
    Guys I just started using MS Access and I suck at it. Can anyone please help me with this.

I want to add 3 Numeric Fields of a textbox on my form to a fourth TOTAL field. And need tp save the output into a table. I have done the calculation part and it works, but stuck with the data storage part.

Please help me
    A general rule is that you don't need to store calculated values in tables. They can easily be calculated at the query or report level whenever you want as long as the values necessary to calculate the total are stored.

Do you have a specific reason for wanting to store the calculated value in the table, and if you do, is the calculated text box bound to a field in the table that you want to store it in?

Let me know.

Gregg

Re: Saving Data in a Table

I appreciate you replying to the question. I realize your point Greg. But then I have to generate a Query based report based on that calculation. Now do u suggest that everytime I run the query, I calculate the total at run time and then run the query or what?
    I am a college Student and taking this as Long distance course, so not much help is available from college. Also I dont know how to make Query Based Reports :'(

Thanks