Question Unanswered: Posting Data from one form in 2 Tables

I need to save one field on my Form to 2 different tables. These two tables are not related to each other and the information is used in different context. Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the only way to do this is in Access 2002 through the use of a subform. The subform can write to one table and the main form to another. For example you enter a customer name and address in the main form and in the subform you enter phone numbers -- thus allowing the user to put as many phone numbers (or order #s or email addresses or whatever) in as necessary for that customer.

Access help seems to imply you can write to more than one table but it does not work. I believe it is poorly documented in order for Microsoft to not have to come out and say in so many words it cannot be done (which they probably think is bad press).

There may be a way to do this with Visual Basic. that I do not know.

Question Re: Posting Data from one form in 2 Tables

Originally posted by hzam
    I need to save one field on my Form to 2 different tables. These two tables are not related to each other and the information is used in different context. Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks
    Do you want to avoid programming code?

Gregg