Post Unanswered: Just a basic problem

Guys I am trying to do something here, but dont know how to do it.

I have these 3 fields say Tot1 , Tot2 and Topt3 which are total of a transaction. Then I add up those three totals to calculate a grand total say grandTotal. Now I need to use the amount calculated in the grand total to display in a report later. How would I do it? DO I need to save my grandTotal in the table (if yes, then how to do this) or would I do the calculations at the run-time? (if yes, then how to do this). I am really stuck at this, so please Help.

Thanks

Re: Just a basic problem

I am sure there is a better way that what I am going to say here, but a quick solution would be to query the table, create an expression which adds the fields in the query and sum this expression. Run the report from this query and just put the total field where you need it.

You can also create this total right on the report. You can just sum up the totals of the fields if you summarize the fields in the report. If you do not want users to see the summation fields, just the grand total, set their visible property to false.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Originally posted by hzam
    Guys I am trying to do something here, but dont know how to do it.

I have these 3 fields say Tot1 , Tot2 and Topt3 which are total of a transaction. Then I add up those three totals to calculate a grand total say grandTotal. Now I need to use the amount calculated in the grand total to display in a report later. How would I do it? DO I need to save my grandTotal in the table (if yes, then how to do this) or would I do the calculations at the run-time? (if yes, then how to do this). I am really stuck at this, so please Help.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    You can make a hidden textField on your form and store the Total of the tree totals in it.

On your Report you could refer to that field throug the Forms("YourFormName")!yourTotalTextBox

Hope it functions

good luck