I am using ADODB to search an admittedly large table named tblTracking, with > 44,000 entries to update a weeks active field subject to the item still being there--this knocks the number of records searched to approximately 6,700. In my design master and replica when I try to run the funtion that does this at around record 5,500 it gives me the error "File sharing lock count exceeded. Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry." When I import the db into a fresh db with no replication it works fine. I am working in access 2002 but the db is in access 2000 format. Here is the code:

'updating the weeks field in the tracking table based on today's date
Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rcdOrder As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim strSQL As String
Dim counter As Integer

Set cn = CurrentProject.Connection
cn.BeginTrans
strSQL = "SELECT TrackingID, TrackingDate, TrackingWeeks FROM tblTracking WHERE TrackingRemaining > 0 AND DirectionID = 1"

rcdOrder.Open strSQL, cn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

If rcdOrder.EOF = False Then rcdOrder.MoveFirst

Do Until rcdOrder.EOF

rcdOrder!TrackingWeeks = (DateDiff("y", rcdOrder!TrackingDate, Now())) / 7
rcdOrder.Update
rcdOrder.MoveNext

Loop

rcdOrder.Close

cn.CommitTrans

Also, occasionally, something happens to my design master and certain forms/reports/modules/etc in it get messed up I get an "Invalid Data Format" error when I try to use them and have to import everything into a fresh db and get the offending objects from previous backups to get everything to work again. Any ideas on this too? Thank you all for your time.