Question Unanswered: URGENT ISQL.exe (SQL Server 7.0)

Hi,

I am trying to connect to some remote severs using the ISQL.exe command line utility, but I get the following message

"DB-Library: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist. Net-Library error 1326: ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())."

I am able to ping to the remote server, able to connect to the server using Enterprise Manager, Query Analyser etc. The same query runs fine on Query Analyser.

I have verified that user_id, password and all connection parameters to ISQL are ok.

Let me know what could be the problem

Howdy

WHy are you using something as horrible as ISQL?

Cheers

SG

use the IP address for the -S switch

Originally posted by ms_sql_dba
    use the IP address for the -S switch
    I am using the IP address for the -S switch. The problem is that I need to be able to run the scripts from DOS, hence the need to use ISQL.

Thanks

i understand that you need to run it from dos, that's why i am asking you to use ip address on the -S switch instead of the actual server name. if you said you could ping it and confirm that the server is running, then you could put the ip address in the placeholder of -S. also, i'd recommend using OSQL utility instead of ISQL.

Originally posted by ms_sql_dba
    i understand that you need to run it from dos, that's why i am asking you to use ip address on the -S switch instead of the actual server name. if you said you could ping it and confirm that the server is running, then you could put the ip address in the placeholder of -S. also, i'd recommend using OSQL utility instead of ISQL.
    I am currently using the IP address instead of the server name...but I do not think SQL 7.0 has OSQL..its a utility thats only available with SQL 2000 isn't it?

I started noticing this problem after the updates for the blaster worm were installed...not sure if MS changed something with respect to ISQL connections....
    Last edited by ganshu; 10-20-03 at 03:32.