Question Unanswered: How to select more than two options in a group

Dear all

I have tried to look for related post in the forum but could not find it.

It is an option group related question. I want to create an option group where I can choose more than one options.

To be precise if I have five option options in a group
    Option1
    Option2
    Option3
    Option4
    Option5

I want to be able to select option2,3,4 and 5 with option1. So if I select option1, I could also select any other option as well. I hope I have made myself clear. Can somebody help?

Thanks

Cool Wrong tool for the job

Use checkboxes to be able to select more then one

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please explain in a bit more detail. I am very new to access database and specially to VB codes.

I want to be able to select option 1 (or it can be a combo box instead) and one of the other options.

Thanks

An option group allows for only 1 selection from the options contained within ... Since you want to select multiple options I'd ditch the group and put a rectangle around the group of radiobuttons (gives it the same appearance) ...

Provided Answers: 1
    Hello there,
    just try this form I send you. It functions by me good. Hope by you too. Pleas let me know.

Good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for your reply and the attachment.

But unfortunately I am unable to open the attachment. It is a protected file and doesn' allow me to open it unless I have proper userID and password for your workgroup file.

It means you could unzip it.

But I don't use work groups. It is a normal mdb file and is not password protected.

Perhaps try it on another computer....

Sorry I don't know what to do.

Originally posted by hammbakka
    It means you could unzip it.

But I don't use work groups. It is a normal mdb file and is not password protected.

Perhaps try it on another computer....

Sorry I don't know what to do.
    Are you sure you don't use a workgroupfile yourself, because I noticed this workgroupfile is NOT database-related, but Access-related.

Yes I have got workgroupfile on my database. But when I tried to open this attachment, it asked for UserID and password, I used mine but did not work.

I have been unzipping similar attachments before using my ID and passord, don't know why it did not work this time.

Anyway coming back to the origional question. I did put the same quesion with more detail in the same forum with subject

Option group and combo box problem

and someone has just replied it with the solution. Have a look at that question if you are interested.

Thanks to all who replied.

Wink

Hello,
    I hope you could open the Office97 mdb I sent you yesterday. Here is the photo of the options Buttons. You are able to choose more than one Button.

Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails radiobuttons.jpg  

Hammbakka

Thank you for your reply.

I have not still been able to open the zip file. This is exactly what the prompt says

"The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database"

It does not give me an option to convert it.

Anywhay I have been able to solve the problem with a little different apporach as I mentioned earlier by posting my same question in detail under subject

'Option group and combo box problem'

But it would have been good if I could open this file. This looks very interesting and could help me in future.

But I will have another go by trying to open it on to another computer not linked to this internal network

Thanks for your help.

there is a simple way to do what you asked in your first post.

make a normal radio-button group using the wizard for the options 2,3,4,5 (not 1).

make a radio-button somewhere else on the form for option 1.

drag this solo radio-button into the option group and adjust the group border to fit. the solo radio-button becomes a visual part of the group but is not a logical part of the group. user can now select any one of 2,3,4,5 with/without 1. to avoid misleading the user with this unorthodox radio-button group behaviour, make option 1 a checkbox (as someone else said earlier).

your code will have to interrogate the status of the group and the solo radio/check.

izy

Thanks a lot. This is a good idea