Unanswered: Numbering records on a continuous form

I have a number of continuous subforms on my main form displaying questions. The questions have a QuestionID which identifies them but I want the questions on the subforms to go 1,2,3 etc. I think that I have seen a simple function that would do this some where before but I cant remember exactly where. I know that it involves using an unbound text box but not sure of the coding.

Does anyone know of a solution???

Have the table/query that the continuous form is based on have an autonumber column and display that column 1st with a textbox

On my main form (primary key CaseNo) I have a tabbed form with 12 subforms, each based on the same query (except for the criteria). The queries contain tables Checklist Questions and Answers. The QuestionID is the primary key in the Checklist Questions table and is an autonumber but there are 165 questions which make up 12 question areas (hence the 12 subfroms).

So for example questions 80-95 will effect question area 6, but instead of showing 80-95 against each question I was looking to display 1,2,3 etc.

Does this explain things abit more clearly???

Provided Answers: 1

Talking

Hallo there,

Just try that form I send you.
    It functions by me good, hope by you too.

Please let me know
    Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your attachment contains a form with radio buttons. Thats got nothing to do with my problem. Thanks anyway

About the only thing I can think to do is have a column that would be a "page count" ... Meaning: for subform 1 you have 12 questions. Those 12 rows in the table would be numbered 1 thru 12. For subform 2 the same thing ... and so on ... The table would be something like:

Table:

Question # Rest of data ....

1 Question 1
    2 Question 2
    . .
    . .
    . .
    12 Question 12

1 Question 13
    2 Question 14
    . .
    . .

Re: Numbering records on a continuous form

Originally posted by GaryW
    I have a number of continuous subforms on my main form displaying questions. The questions have a QuestionID which identifies them but I want the questions on the subforms to go 1,2,3 etc. I think that I have seen a simple function that would do this some where before but I cant remember exactly where. I know that it involves using an unbound text box but not sure of the coding.

Does anyone know of a solution???

Attached is a small database I set up with 14 questions. Look at the queries and see the way that each one uses a calculated field to display 7 questions per page, numbered 1 - 7, not 1-7 then 8-14. This is based upon the page index from the tab control of the loaded form.

I hope this gets you on the right track,
    Rood67
    Attached Files Attached Files