Question Unanswered: Option group and combo box problem

Dear All

I did put the same question earlier on but that wasn't fully elaborated. That is whay I have put it again to make my question clear.

I want to filter the records using two parameters.

I want one parameter to be selected from a combobox and the second one from an option groups. So the structure would be somewhat similar to as follows

Cumbo box = Customer

Option group
    Option1
    Option2
    Option3

Combo box1 = linked to Option1
    Combo box2 = linked to Option2
    Combo box3= linked to Option3

Command button = Open report

Now what I want is,

I select a customer from combo box and select one of the three options and click on Open report button to view the report (based on a query) which should be filtered by Customer and Option1 (PART NO) field and so on.

I have managed to develop some code but there is something I am doing wrong because the report does open if I run the code individually e.g either only for customer or only for Option1(PART NO), but not when I put both in the code.

Sub viewresults(PrintMode As Integer)

Dim myInt As String
    Dim myInd As String

myInd = CmbCustomer

Select Case Me!frame2
    Case 1
    myInt = Forms![F_rqform]!CmbOption1

DoCmd.OpenReport "Report3", acViewPreview, , "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "'" And "[PART NO] = '" & myInt & "'"

Case 2
    myInt = Forms![F_rqform]!CmbOption2
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Report3", acViewPreview, , "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "'" And "[REF NO] = '" & myInt & "'"

Just a reminder that I am at the very early stages of learning VB codes, so I might have made a major mistake.

Looking forward to your reply

Re: Option group and combo box problem

Originally posted by dbase
    Dear All

I did put the same question earlier on but that wasn't fully elaborated. That is whay I have put it again to make my question clear.

I want to filter the records using two parameters.

I want one parameter to be selected from a combobox and the second one from an option groups. So the structure would be somewhat similar to as follows

Cumbo box = Customer

Option group
    Option1
    Option2
    Option3

Combo box1 = linked to Option1
    Combo box2 = linked to Option2
    Combo box3= linked to Option3

Command button = Open report

Now what I want is,

I select a customer from combo box and select one of the three options and click on Open report button to view the report (based on a query) which should be filtered by Customer and Option1 (PART NO) field and so on.

I have managed to develop some code but there is something I am doing wrong because the report does open if I run the code individually e.g either only for customer or only for Option1(PART NO), but not when I put both in the code.

Sub viewresults(PrintMode As Integer)

Dim myInt As String
    Dim myInd As String

myInd = CmbCustomer

Select Case Me!frame2
    Case 1
    myInt = Forms![F_rqform]!CmbOption1

DoCmd.OpenReport "Report3", acViewPreview, , "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "'" And "[PART NO] = '" & myInt & "'"

Case 2
    myInt = Forms![F_rqform]!CmbOption2
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Report3", acViewPreview, , "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "'" And "[REF NO] = '" & myInt & "'"

Just a reminder that I am at the very early stages of learning VB codes, so I might have made a major mistake.

Looking forward to your reply
    You wrote : "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "'" And "[PART NO] = '" & myInt & "'"

but try this :
    "[CUSTOMER] = '" & myInd & "' And [PART NO] = '" & myint & "'"

! Look as the quotes !

artemide

Thank you very much for your reply.

Some other nice guy has also just suggested the same thing. I have tried it and it worked fine.

Thank you very much for you help.

Regards