Unanswered: getting SQl22212N in db2 when accessing control center

Hi,
    I have installed the DB2 v8.1.2 over Redhat Linux 8.
    I have started the db2 and opened the control center.
    When i try to create a new database or do any operation at the control center i get an error
    "SQL22212N A DB2 Administration server Communication error has been detected. Client system 127.0.0.1 or server system 127.0.0.1"

How can i overcome this error and use the control center and other tools successfully.
    I am able to use the commands from the command line processor without any errors.

Any help is appreciated.

Provided Answers: 5
    Did you start the Administration Server? To do so you need to log in as the administration server owner (default is dasusr1) and issue:
    db2admin start

HTH

Andy

Hi,
    i have started the d2admin server from the CLP also,still it is throwing the same error.

What can i do in order to overcome this error.

Any help is appreciated

Provided Answers: 5
    All I can give you is the Error message straight from the manual.

---------------------------------------------------
    SQL22212N A DB2 Administration Server communication error has been detected. Client system: client-ip-address. Server system: server-ip-address.

Explanation: A DB2 Administration Server communication error has been detected. Possible causes include the following:

1. The DB2 Administration Server at the server system was shut down by the system administrator.
    2. The DB2 Administration Server at the server system was terminated due to an internal or system error.
    3. The DB2 Administration Server is not installed at the server system.
    4. The DB2 Administration Server has not been cataloged correctly at the client system.
    5. The communication subsystem at the client system or server system has not been configured correctly, or has not been started successfully.
    6. A network error has caused the connection to go down.
    7. An internal error in the DB2 Administration Server caused the connection to go down.

User Response: Verify the following:

1. The DB2 Administration Server has not been shut down.
    2. The DB2 Administration Server has not been terminated.
    3. The DB2 Administration Server has been installed at the server system.
    4. The remote DB2 Administration Server is cataloged properly on the client system.
    5. The communication subsystems on both client and server systems are configured and started up properly.
    6. The network is operating properly.
    7. Nothing to verify.

If the problem persists, consult with your network administrator or contact IBM Customer Support.

----------------------------------------------
    Like it says, if all else fails, contact IBM for support.

Andy

Originally posted by kollisri
    Hi,
    i have started the d2admin server from the CLP also,still it is throwing the same error.

What can i do in order to overcome this error.

Any help is appreciated

I know this is an old thread but I've gotten this error before when I changed my db2admin password but didn't change the password settings in all the DB2 services "Logon As" settings on the PC. On the first restart of your system, the services that are still setup with the old password will not be able to launch on bootup.

Regards,

Jack