Exclamation Unanswered: Monster Replication

I'm trying to replicate databases from 7 serves into one main one. For example say data from servers A, B, C, D, E, F, G go into one main server, say, server Z. I'm using snapshot replication method. The final outcome of this replication should be as follows: Each server has tables in it, when these tables are replicated into Server Z, I want to add extra field in the table (on Server Z). This field will represent where the record came from, ie, either Server A,B.. etc. I cant add the extra column in the Publisher server tables (Server A,B..etc). The column MUST be added in the final replicated table on server Z.

Has ne one out there done sumthing similar to this? If so please help me out with. I've been struggling with this for a while now. So any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

can you use a separate non-replicated table on server z to perform the final insert from 7 tables using a union and adding this addition field at the time of select for each section of the union?

You could use merge replication with horizontal filters. Add field hostname and use function host_name() for filtering on publisher.
    Your main db will be publisher - another dbs - pull subscribers. Use guid (uniqueidentifier ) as id for all tables. This schema is working fine in one of my projects.

but my understanding was that it's a reverse, - there are 7 publishers and 1 subscriber. plus, i don't think he is considering total system overhaul (changing structures, guids, etc.)

Originally posted by snail
    You could use merge replication with horizontal filters. Add field hostname and use function host_name() for filtering on publisher.
    Your main db will be publisher - another dbs - pull subscribers. Use guid (uniqueidentifier ) as id for all tables. This schema is working fine in one of my projects.
    So this idea has already been tested?... Newayz, the guid (uniqueidentifier) column would be default as newid() rite? Well I want a certain value to go in the column depending on the server the record came from.

Since you have done this kinda thing b4, i'd be askin alot of questions ... =)

Thanks in advance.